Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vidic: Rio ’n me are the biz


NEMANJA VIDIC says he and defensive partner Rio Ferdinand will soon be back to their formidable best.

The Manchester United centre-backs were awesome last season as the club won the Premier League title and reached the Champions League final.

But both have suffered injuries and United have already lost three of their opening 12 league games this term and conceded 12 goals.

Vidic is now on his way back while England star Ferdinand is out until next month with a back problem.

Rio, 30, has also been under fire after errors for club and country. But Vidic said: "Will Rio get back to his best? Yes, why not?

"I don't think he is under pressure - he has shown how good he is, but he needs to be fit.

"When he is fit he is a top-class player.

"I missed part of pre-season. I had an injury to my ankle, my back and then my calf. When you have injuries it is very difficult to find form.

"But I hope I am 100 per cent now."

Vidic, 28, is set to play for Serbia in a friendly against South Korea at Fulham's Craven Cottage today.

He has started just seven games for United this term as they have slipped five points behind league leaders Chelsea.

But Vidic insists he is ready to take on Everton on Saturday.

He added: "This year someone could get 85 points, but maybe less will win the league.

"Ourselves and Liverpool have lost so many points compared to previous years. But it's different this season."


No comments:

Post a Comment