Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Butler wishes his former charges best of luck in the final


: English coach Peter Butler is wishing his former charges in the Kelantan team the best of luck in the Malaysia Cup final.

The former West Ham star said that he was proud of having handled a team of dedicated players for 11 months before leaving them in mid-September.

“I did not leave because of the team in anyway. I left for personal reasons as my wife was not well and my relationship with an official in the FA (Kafa) was no longer workable,” said Butler in an e-mail yesterday.

He said that nothing gave him more pleasure than seeing his former team excel after having groomed six young players from the President’s Cup side to feature in the senior first team.

“I loved my time in Kota Baru ... the Kelantanese were fantastic to me and my family. I have very special memories of my time there and I will never forget the Kelantan people,” said Butler.

“I have a great deal of respect for the Kafa president, Tan Sri Annuar (Musa), and manager Azman Ibrahim. I hope they have a memorable season and my heart will be with them on Cup final night.”

Butler added that he left the team in very good condition and was pleased for the new coach, B. Sathianathan, to continue with a job.

“This is not about Sathia or me. This is about Kelantan football and raising the standards and hopefully they will win the final,” he said.

In a word of caution, Butler said that Negri were a good side and would be a tough team to beat.

He aded that he had no regrets in taking up a job in Myanmar to become the technical director of Yangon United FC.

“I never regret anything in life and I don’t look back. I have a new challenge in a different country and I am doing exactly the same as I did in Kelantan ... building a winning team with a winning mentality,” said Butler.


ambo harap kelate akan menjadi johan...dan dekat 40 tahun ...tak dapat raso menang..!! insyallah kelate boleh menang..!!!

kerajaee kelate pun doh umum hari ahad sebab kelate masuk final...tentu lah kalu kalate menang cuti itu akan lebih bermakna!!

kepada pasukan ambo kelate....gomo..kelate gomo....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment